Snoring & Sleep Apnea
At Sinus Clear, we provide a variety of treatment options for snoring or sleep apnea. Please read through the diagnosis information and treatment options below and contact us with any questions or concerns.
Snoring is the rough, unpleasant sound made while asleep due to some form of breathing obstruction.
Your physician may ask a number of questions involving allergies you have, medications you take, eating and sleep patterns, and whether or not you drink or smoke. They will also inspect your mouth and throat for any physical abnormalities.
- lose weight
- avoid or limit alcohol intake before bed
- stop smoking
- get enough sleep
- use a mouth guard
- avoid sleeping on your back
- surgery involving the upper airway
Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which breathing periodically slows and/or stops during sleep.
Sleep apnea may be diagnosed through different methods of research and testing, including:
- Sleep studies
- Medical history
- Family history
Types of Sleep Apnea
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Central sleep apnea (CSA)
- Mixed sleep apnea
- Continuous positive airway (CPAP); mask worn while asleep which keeps your airway open
- Dental appliances
- If the type is less severe, simple lifestyle changes (losing weight, quit smoking) may be recommended